Friday 18 October 2013

Proposal

Title
Peace light
Story Overview
A short animated film about a boy get rid from a shadow.A thunderstorm and raining night, a boy is enjoying and playing alone in his room. While he is playing, a shadow appear on the wall. It seems like the shadow is waiting a chance to catch him. The boy feels  scared and helpless,no one can help him but himself. Therefore, he decided to take action .
He runs to corner and pull down the cloth. A light come from the window and form a pentacle shape on the floor. There are so many stars on the sky. He turns on a small lamp. The room become brighter . An angel statue stood on there. A room full of power to protect himself, a place to stop any evil spirits come to get him. The boy feels safe and he having a peace night.

Research Questions

My focus is on creating an animated film with effecive lighting and the atmosphere.The problem I will face is how to set up the light and bring out the mood and atmosphere I want to achieve.For the technical section, I will have to explore the N cloth,blendshape and particle effect. I will have to think what to use in my duvet, cloth, and the area particle, I will make some test on it and make sure its works well only to put inside my project.

Genre
Fairytale, Mystery,Mythology

Motivation/ Rational for project choice
I hope to achieve a atmospheric scene , a warm light coming out from a cold environment. A scene look comfortable and peaceful. Bring out the mood and atmosphere in the special room.Setting out a beautiful lighting and comfortable scene. I havent sure yet what position I want to be in. At this moment, I know that I want to create a impressive scene and let people memories it. Therefore, I will be so happy if I can bring a an beautiful scene and people like it. I like to play with colour and lights.
Area for investigation
The area I have to investigate is more on lighting, mood and atmosphere.I also have to make some test in the N cloth and particle.I have tested the N cloth, it has to take some time to explore and test again.I have tried to render out the result, but not that good enough.However, I will continue to get some tutorial online and kep investigate it. For the particle effect in maya, I found some useful tutorial.At this moment I also making some test, the result will going to be what I have expected.

Background Research
When I plan to create this short clip animation. I have watched a lot of animation clips. For example, ‘Brave’ from Pixar. The lighting of the sunset is amazing, The interior kitchen lighting and design is the thing I want to achieve. Moreover, my story is relate about child and also some toys, from the ‘Toy Story’ animation, the Andy’s room is imprinted in my mind how it look like.I get some room inspiration how it be going to look like. There are others animation like ‘La Luna’ and ‘Rise of Guardian’, the moon light and star from ‘La luna’ is really beautiful, the compositing  of the scene it is still inside my mind. In addition, from the ‘Rise of Guardian’, it’s just perfect.The particle is something that I try to achieve. The light from those magic glowing particle, make the world magical and fairy tale. All these movie are really nice reference for me, I hope that I can make my project become as good as possible.
Literature Review
 I have borrowed some books from library. Those are :
Hayao Miyazaki.(2002)The art of Miyazaki“Spirited Away”
Viz Media, Subs. Of Shogakukan Inc

Charles Solomon.(2010)The art of Toy Story 3
Chronicle Books

Ramin Z.,William, J. and Alec, B.(2012)The Art of Rise of the Guardian
Insight Editions

Amid Amidi(2009)The art of Pixar Short Films
Chronicle Books

From the book of Rise of Guardian, the colour inside the film is amazing. Every character represent different color and their personalities.I were reading this book because of the particle that “sandman” ability.Those glowing and beautiful particle is the thing I hope to achieve.In addition, there are so many kids room appear in the movie.It inspires me hwo the room design can be. Moreover, the “ art of toy story” inspire me alot. The room of andy also inspire me a lot . There are so many toys inside the room. As for my project, I m going to create some toys too.
Methodology/Teachnical Overview
I will have to make some research to set up a peaceful lighting and render . Morever, I’m going to explore some partical, to make the room full of magic. The software I will use to do my final project is Autodesk Maya.So I’m going to explore about the Maya particle, N cloth and it might be blendshape too. The character in my story I will use a pre-rig character.So I can focus on the modeling, texture, lighting and the animation.
Project Plan
Week  3~4 (Oct)

Proposal done, Storyboarding
Sketches for Room design and props design
Week  5~ 6(Oct – Nov)

Storyboarding
Sketches for room and props.Started modeling
Week 7~8(Nov )

Storyboarding, 3D animatic,
Modeling, texture,
Week  9~10(Nov – Dec)

Modeling,texture,animation
Texturing,animation,lighting
Week  11~12(Dec)

Animation,testing particle, ncloth
Animation, particle, ncloth,blendshape,lighting
Week 13~14(Dec – Jan)

Set up lighting, testing particle, ncloth
Animation refine, lighting,particle.
Week 15~16(Jan)

Animation refine, lighting.Start rendering
Lighting,Rendering,
Week 17~18(Jan – Feb)
Rendering,Compositing
Compositing,sound editing
Week 19~20(Feb)

Compositing,sound editing
compositing

Project Deliverables
This is going to be an animation short clip.I will render out as a digital file. Format will me quicktime, H.264 or mov.
References
I have watched a lot of videos before I start my idea and confirm this story.The films and video I watched and inspired with my final project are
‘La Luna’

‘The Last Train’

‘The Sandman’

‘Dreamgiver’


No comments:

Post a Comment