Saturday 4 January 2014

Lighting test

Today I am spending my time for the lighting test.
First of all I try to create the translucent lamp in maya.
I experiment the attribute of the material. Keep exploring the translucent and transparency.
Was trying to create the light come through from a thin paper of the lamp..
I went to digital tutor website and search and learn for the technique of creating the translucent lamp.
From there I have explored a new shader I didn't use before.
 It is  mb_shadow_transparency  in  mental ray shadow material.
It can create the colour shadow and cast on surrounding. when the light pass through the material.

Furthermore, I have spent long hours for the light fog.
I have created and experimented light fog before. But it is just for the light without any object under the light fog and cast the shadow on floor.

For this project. the character will standing under the light . So there are the shadows of the Pentacle window and also the Character.

I have created the spot light for the light fog from the window. At first I was creating one spot light to create the fog and also make the shadow. But its doesn't work really well. If I want to get the nice fog it will make the shadow unclear and having the noisy shadow.

As a result, I have created 2 spot light , and one is for the shadow, and another is for the light fog.
The next thing I hv to do is start to create light and make the interior become nicely with lights.

here are the images of the light fog and the translucent lamp on the floor.l






No comments:

Post a Comment